2 posts in one day – fantastic! Well, there’s a reason for it. 3, yes 3, of my fellow bloggers have nominated me for a Liebster award. Thank you so very much to Cro29 and Organize & Craft for the nods… crazycrochetmama also nominated me and had the nicest words to say (check out her blog to read them)- thank you so much!! I am so in awe that anyone actually reads my blog, let alone being nominated! Check out their blogs by clicking on the blog name. So, what’s the Liebster award you ask?
“The Liebster Award is an award given to rising bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.”
I grabbed that quote from Organize & Craft.
And the rules for the Liebster Award are:
- You thank the person who nominated you!
- You tell us 11 random facts about yourself
- You answer the 11 questions posted by your nominator
- Create 11 random questions for your nominees
- Present/nominate a Liebster Blog Award to more newbie bloggers! (no tag backs)
First Off, 11 random facts:
- I’m an Aquarius.
- I’m a gamer.. and yes, a woman. What rare combo! I love World of Warcraft and Star Wars, etc…
- I’m a newlywed, married last September
- I am Latina, Dominican to be exact
- I am from NYC, born and raised… until I left for college and never moved back (much to the disappointment of my entire family)
- I am a Social Worker by day, crafter by night
- I have 3 degrees
- My favorite artist is Diego Rivera
- I’m finding it extremely hard to come up with 11 random facts – oy!
- I’ve been watching Dr. Who non-stop for about 3 weeks
- I hate fruit in my hot food – yuck
Next, I have to answer the 11 question posed to me by my nominator. Well, since I have 2, I decided to grab a few of each.. just to be fair *wink*
- What is your favorite place to be? My favorite place in the whole world is Cape Cod. My wife and I go there every year for our anniversary.. and sometimes in between anniversaries.
- What craft do you love most? My favorite craft, of course is crochet.
- Where do you find inspiration? I find it everywhere. However, my wife usually says ‘you should make this’.. and I do
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years time? In five years, my oldest will be in college, my youngest will be in High School. My wife and I are trying for a baby this year, so hopefully my youngest youngest (haha) will be starting Kindergarten. I see myself as I do now. Happy & fulfilled, having everything I need in life… the love of my family.
- What’s your favorite dessert? Rum Raisin Ice Cream
- Summer or Winter? Summer, by far
- Where do you buy your supplies? Michaels, AC Moore, JoAnn’s… wherever I can find them
- Pink or Blue? Neither.. I like red
- Where do you find your patterns? BOOKS! I collect them, I hoard them, I salivate over them. The pictures, the patterns, the covers, everything. I cannot resist a good crochet book! Even if I never make a thing out of them, I have to have them!
- Favorite singer/artist? I love Pink, love her. I’m obsessed.
- Do you dream of making a living out of craft? Absolutely. It’s all I’ve ever wanted to do – to open a local craft store, or pottery place, or anything to do with it.
So there, you know a bit about me. Now here are my nominees.. go check them out:
- What is the first craft project (outside of school) that you have ever done?
- What is your favorite book?
- What is your favorite place in the world?
- What makes you laugh?
- What is your favorite food?
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
- Who or what inspires you?
- Why did you choose to begin blogging?
- What are 3 things blogging has added to your life
- What is your favorite flower?
- What is your greatest success to date?
Loved to know a little more about you 🙂
Thank you Di.. and thank you for the nomination.
Not important but I nominated you too 🙂
Lovely reading about you. I’m a gamer too 😀
Thank you so much!! I’ll update my blog to include you as we’ll. I love hearing of other gamers, sometimes I feel like the only one. I get a lot of weird looks when I mention it!
Thank you so much for the nod and for the kind words on your blog.
[…] Liebster Blog Award (bobblesandbaubles.com) […]
oh wow, everyone is nominating you 😀
I feel so special!! Haha
Thank you so much for nominating me for the Liebster award; it is exciting being nominated for the third time. One of the things I like best about this award is that it brings blogs to my attentions I did not know about. I have really enjoyed reading through your blog, I love the way you turn a phase. We also share the same passion. No matter what other crafts I try Crocheting will always be number one with me also. Rebloging this answer on your blog.
[…] there you have it! Some more facts about me. Check out the post for my Liebster award if you would like to […]