I received a nod for another award this week.. many thanks to the lovely Jenna over at the The Crafty Cripple. Check out her blog, she’s funny, she’s crafty and she has awesome blue hair, seriously.. awesome.
So.. here are the rules:
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
So.. I don’t really know 15 blogs that haven’t already been nominated.. so here’s what I have:
- Crochet with Passion – I love this blog, she has excellent tutorials and she introduced me to Annie’s Hook and Needle Club!
- Organize & Craft – Great projects, including sewing ones which I’m trying to learn. Plus, Di is quite a lovely lady.
Every other blogger I follow already has the award.. so I’m stopping at 2.. forgive me! But if during my browsing, I come across another worthy blog, I will post it here.
And finally, 7 things… hmmm.. let’s see:
- I have 2 girls .. 14 and 10.. and my wife and I are in the process of trying to have another child (which is not so easy, considering…)
- I am a Social Worker.. which means I tend to see the good people and I’m usually the one people turn to when they need a bit of counseling
- I hail originally from New York City.. Manhattan to be exact. For the longest time I was considered the black sheep for leaving my family (which I never understood, since all I did was move to other side of the state). However, I think they have gotten used to me being away and have finally forgiven me. I don’t hear the complaints quite as often anymore. Plus, I always have a place to stay every time I go home, which is great considering the exorbitant hotel prices in NYC
- I’m trying to learn how to sew. Sadly, It’s not coming very easily to me.
- I collect refrigerator magnets… but they are very specific magnets! Every time I go away, I need to find a cute rubber magnet with the name of the city/state I am visiting. And they don’t count if someone else gives it to me, I have to actually have been there.
- My wife and I go an annual trip to Provincetown, MA.. also known as P-Town. Since our wedding last year, it has become our anniversary vacation (we went there on our honeymoon). We stay at the same little Inn.. and have become very close to the owner. We love him and tend to bring him little gifts, and we always get him a bouquet of flowers the hour before we leave.
- I am an AWFUL driver! I only learned how to drive in my late 20’s. It’s not an art one needs to know when living in NYC, but once I realized I was never going back, I buckled down and learned. However, getting in a car with me can be quite hazardous to your health. Therefore, my wife drives us everywhere.
And there you have it! Some more facts about me. Check out the post for my Liebster award if you would like to more.